Three Piece Tub Transfer Bench
Are You Considering a Tub Transfer Bench?
Bathroom safety and comfort are essential parts of living an active lifestyle, free of strain and dependence. A bathtub transfer bench is an excellent product for adding extra security to you or your loved one's bathing experience.
Safety and security during private bathroom activities have always been the number one concern for disabled and/or senior individuals.
Using the bathroom is meant to be as private and independent as possible, although that cannot always be the case, a bathroom safety bench will get you a lot closer to independence.
Let's start with the Basics, What is a Tub Transfer Bench?
Bathtub transfer benches are sturdy seats designed to make entering and exiting the bath or shower secure, comfortable, and above all, safe.
These benches are designed to be wide enough to fit over the outer wall of a bathtub and nearly reach the other side.
The product’s unique design offers convenient access to bath faucets and any surrounding bath products while keeping the user secure and safe from slips and falls.
The whole point of the tub bench is to allow an individual the freedom to bath without accidents and discomfort.
The bridge-like design of the bench makes it easy for the user to sit securely on the outside portion of the bench (without having to strain or risk a slip stepping over the wall), lift their legs gently over the wall one by one, and slide in and out of the bath hassle-free.
Who Would Benefit from a Tub Bench
- Individuals with mental or physical disabilities that may make using a bath hazardous.
- Individuals who are unable to stand for long periods of time without becoming dizzy or winded.
- Individuals who experience difficulties entering and exiting the bath without support.
- Individuals who rely on a wheelchair.
- Individuals with injuries that make bathing difficult.
- Individuals with low body strength or balance difficulties.
- Caregivers who need assistance bathing a patient or loved one, and anyone else who may benefit from a safe and strain-free bathing experience.
Four-Legged Tub Benches: FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Tool-free assembly of back, legs, and arm
- A-frame construction which provides stability
- Durable blow-molded plastic bench and backrest
- Height adjusts in 1/2" increments with unique "Dual Column" extension legs
- Reversible to accommodate any bathroom
- The pinch-free lever allows for push pins to be depressed without pinching fingers
The tool-free assembly aspect of our tub transfer bench allows for incredibly easy assembly and disassembly, as well as relocation.
The frame of our four-legged tub bench is designed to offer reliable security and is built using resilient material that lasts.
Tub benches are designed to offer strong support, last, and make your bathroom a safe hazard-free environment.
The height adjustment and dual column aspect of this tub transfer bench allow the users to adjust the bench for strain-free sitting/rising and help ensure that the bench will fit securely over your bath wall when in use.
The reversible accommodation of this tub bench model makes it easy to use the same bench for different tub styles.
Our tub transfer bench is designed with complete comfort and safety in mind. With a pinch-free lever, you or your loved one can enjoy bathing and maneuvering your bath space comfortably and pain-free.
|Outside Legs||32" (W) x 23" (D)|
|Seat Dimensions||26" (W) x 18.5" - 19.5" (D)|
|Seat Height||17.5" - 22.5"|
|Shipping Weight||14.37 lbs|
|Weight Capacity||400 lbs|
How to use a Tub Transfer Bench
1. Make sure you have your towel within reach from the seated position of your tub bench.
2. Once the bench is securely in place, stand with the back of your legs touching the outer edge of the bench.
3. Then secure yourself with the bench handles (or grab bars) and slowly lower yourself onto the seat.
4. Begin to slowly scoot your body back onto the bench as far as you can comfortably.
5. Then to gently lift your legs over the tub wall one at a time.
6. Position yourself comfortably and securely; you are ready to begin your shower.
7. Now that you are finished bathing, thoroughly dry your feet to prevent slipping, and repeat the same process in reverse to safely exit the tub.
Additional Tub Bench Tips for Safety & Accessibility
- Make sure that everything you need for bathing will be safely in reach once you are comfortably seated.
- Ensure your water temperature is where you want it before entering the bath.
- For individuals with vision problems, place a brightly colored towel over the seat of your tub transfer bench to make the secure surface area of the bench stand out more.
- Have a loved one install a handheld showerhead to give you easy bathing access and independence.
- Try to keep the air in your bathroom relatively warm, because your bench doesn't allow full submersion when bathing, a cold room could make your experience less than comfortable.
- Be sure to check the adjustable components of your equipment before use to ensure a safe, secure, and fully supported bathing experience.
Get Your Bathtub Transfer Bench Today!
If you are considering investing in a quality tub transfer bench, do it!
The safety, convenience, and overall comfort you will experience with our tub bench equipment are undeniable.
At Active Lifestyle Products, we ensure that all of our customers get only the very best in mobility products.
Your comfort and safety is our number one priority.
Tub Transfer Bench FAQs
Yes, tub transfer benches make bathing a much simpler and much more comfortable experience for the user.
Our transfer benches are designed to help keep your bathing experience stable and independent. They can also be used to reduce the strain on caretakers.
Although the backrest is not adjustable for stability and support purposes, it can be removed entirely if necessary.