Raised Toilet Seat
Considering a Raised Toilet seat for Your Home?
If you are thinking about investing in a raised toilet seat for yourself or your loved one, you've come to the right place.
It's no secret that the bathroom can be a dangerous place to navigate for individuals with mobility challenges.
It is estimated that 79% of bathroom-related injuries among 65 and older individuals are due to slips and falls, and 33% of those elderly individuals who experience an accident in the bathroom require hospital admission.
One of the most strenuous areas of a bathroom for mobility challenged individuals is the toilet.
The strain and balance it takes to lower down onto or rise from a toilet seat can make using the restroom extremely difficult and dangerous.
A raised toilet seat is a great way to make a mobility challenged individuals bathroom experience safer and more comfortable.
What is a Raised Toilet Seat?
Raised toilet seats are intended to reduce the distance an individual has to lower themselves down onto the toilet by a few inches while also offering stability and reliable support.
At Active Lifestyle Products, we offer a raised toilet seat that securely locks onto your toilet, provides armbars for stability, and boosts your toilet's seat level by 5 inches.
Benefits of a Raised Toilet Seat
- Raised toilet seats significantly reduce the seating distance users have to lower themselves through or raise from
- Raised toilet seats require less strain, joint discomfort, and assistance for use
- A raised toilet seat can reduce the risk of falls and strenuous daily bathroom uses
- A securely raised toilet seat with armbars will lessen the stress of needing to use the restroom
- Easy tool-free assembly and installation
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy to clean heavy-duty plastic material
- Raised toilet seats offer more independence
- They also provide additional caregiver safety & support
Our Raised Seat’s Features Include:
- A molded plastic seat which adds five additional inches of height
- Easy to install/remove metal arms
- Fits standard size toilet as well as most elongated models
- Dimensions of the seat: 16.5"(D) x 17"(W) x 5"(H)
- Width between the arms: 18".
- Overall product height: 10".
- 300lb weight capacity
Get Your Raised Seat Now!
If you or your loved one experiences daily challenges using the restroom, our raised toilet seats may be just the solution you need.
At Active Lifestyle Products, we believe in creating comfortable and secure environments with reliable mobility solutions for individuals in need.
Give us a call today for more information on how our mobility products can make your daily life much more comfortable!
Raised Toilet Seat FAQs
Raised toilet seats typically range from 2 to 6 inches in height, depending on what is needed.
Our raised toilet seats are 5 inches in height, offering comfort and stability across the board. This size seat tends to work very well for many mobility challenged individuals.
Unfortunately, Medicare will not cover the costs for most forms of raised toilet seats. Medicare deems the product a personal preference rather than a medical requirement.
Caregiver assistance all comes down to the needs of the individual and the extent of their challenges.
Although the seat will significantly increase comfort and security for the individual, in some cases, assistance may still be needed.
However, even if the mobility challenged individual still requires assistance, the raised toilet seat will make the process easier and significantly reduce both the individual and the caregiver's strain.
If you would prefer to remove your raised toilet seat's arms, they are easily removable- no tools required.
Our raised toilet seats are designed for easy tool-free assembly and installation.
To ensure that your raised toilet seat is compatible with your toilet's rim, you must determine whether the rim is a generic round shape or elongated shape.
Once you've determined the toilet seat's shape, choose the seat shape that best matches your toilet.